SCHOMS Annual Conference,
Wednesday 26th – Friday 28th June 2019
with optional AVIXA Training Day Tuesday 25th June
Local Organisers: Tom Hollingum and Adam Downs
Booking form: Annual Conference 2019
Booking form: AVIXA Training Day 2019
(Please remember that to make your online booking you will need to be signed into the Members’ Area)
Closing date for booking places: Friday 24 May
The conference will commence at 9.00am on Wednesday 26th June and conclude with lunch on Friday 28th June, and in response to overwhelmingly positive feedback, an optional AVIXA training session with Chuck Espinosa has been arranged for Tuesday 25th June.
The AVIXA Training Day is free to members and can be booked as a stand-alone course or as an add on to the conference.
It will run from 11.45 to 5.00pm with additional bookable one-to-one training health checks available from 10.00 – 11.45am.
The sessions include;
• Installation Issues for AV/IT Systems
• DISCAS (Display Image Size for Content in 2D Audiovisual Systems)
• How to Manage AV Staff
The SCHOMS Annual Conference provides an excellent opportunity to network with likeminded professionals and we have created an engaging programme which includes a range of national and international speakers;
• Keynotes Gary Keen, Head of AV from Google and Jon Moon, a leading authority on Clarity and Impact, who is back by popular demand.
• From a pedagogical perspective Prof Debbie Holley will present on Technology Enhanced Learning
• Valuable members’ presentations from Australia’s National University, Canberra, Kings College London and AETM
• The exhibition will enable sponsors to showcase their products and services and will follow two parallel collaborative sponsor-delegate workshops on Procurement and the AV Industry
• An interactive and participatory game of ‘Project Bingo’
The conference will be based in the Fusion Building which has been designed to bring together key elements of education, research and practice creating something which is greater than the sum of its parts. A special Beach Party has been arranged on the pier which includes the opportunity to ride the PierZip, the world’s first pier to shore zip wire, boasting a 250 metre thrill experience. It’s a truly unique and unforgettable experience and a wonderful way to experience a panoramic view of Bournemouth and its stunning coast line!
The conference delegate fee is £325 (plus VAT) and includes Bed and Breakfast accommodation on Wednesday and Thursday (plus Tuesday, if required) at the Cumberland Hotel, Bournemouth. The fee also includes transport from the hotel to the conference venue, refreshments and meals so it continues to represent tremendous value for money. We welcome our overseas Associate members and the delegate fee from these institutions will be £495 (plus VAT). To enable representation from as many HEIs as possible, places are limited to two per institution and will be allocated on a first come first served basis, so please book early to secure your place.
The conference promises to be a fantastic opportunity to share good practice, network and keep abreast of the latest developments in the sector. Tom, Adam and their team in Bournemouth, the Exec and myself look forward to seeing you in there.
If you have any queries regarding the event or your booking, please contact the office